I've been trying to use up the contents of my freezer so I can fit my ice cream maker inside! It's been quite interesting as I've made a list of everything in there and intend to cross it off and add to it - no more rummaging wondering whether we have any more chicken breasts, or telling my fiancé there is no garlic bread left and then finding some the next day (sorry!). It's also meant I don't have to buy as much as there is more food in there than I thought!
One thing I came across was a packet of cubed beef. My fiancé loves steak but isn't as keen on beef when it's casseroled but this sort of cubed beef really is best in the slow cooker. Rather than do a traditional casserole though I wondered if I could make it into a curry, and found this recipe from BBC Good Food for Thai Beef curry.
I used red chilli rather than green as that's what I had in the fridge, and I already had some galangal from when I made a Thai curry from scratch after doing a cookery class last year. I bought it from Sainsbury's so there's no need to find a specialist shop - though if you live in an area with Thai food stores then definitely go and have a look! Star anise is also something I've had in the cupboard for a while and I know spices do lose their potency so it was good to be able to use them. I didn't have any kaffir lime leaves either so I know this wasn't quite as authentic, but it still tasted really good. And my fiancé enjoyed it which was great as I really wasn't sure he would like it!
See link above for recipe.
clicksor_enable_inter = true; clicksor_maxad = -1;
clicksor_hourcap = -1; clicksor_showcap = 2;
clicksor_enable_adhere = false;
//default pop-under house ad url
clicksor_enable_pop = true; clicksor_frequencyCap = -1;
durl = '';clicksor_mobile_redirect = false;
//default banner house ad url
clicksor_default_url = '';
clicksor_banner_border = '#fec700'; clicksor_banner_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF';
clicksor_banner_link_color = '#000000'; clicksor_banner_text_color = '#666666';
clicksor_banner_image_banner = false; clicksor_banner_text_banner = false;
clicksor_layer_border_color = '#fec700';
clicksor_layer_ad_bg = '#FFFFFF'; clicksor_layer_ad_link_color = '#000000';
clicksor_layer_ad_text_color = '#666666'; clicksor_text_link_bg = '';
clicksor_text_link_color = ''; clicksor_enable_text_link = false;
This pie is based on an idea I saw in a Slimming World book or magazine a while ago but isn't actually particularly Slimming - I wanted ...
I love apple crumble but as my husband doesn't eat apple I almost never make it - because I feel like I'd have to make him an equi...
Here's an Easter twist on one of my favourite breakfast or brunch dishes, eggs benedict - it uses hot cross buns, hence the name eggs ...
After a few road trips around the US I bought a cookery book called 'America's Most Wanted Recipes' - it contains copycat recipe...
Where can you hear from Michael Zee, the man behind the Instagram sensation Symmetry Breakfasts, Kate Doran from food blog Little Loaf, Al...
I've been baking a fair bit with gluten-free flour over the past year or so as I have a work colleague who can't eat gluten. From ...
My company recently moved to a new office near Spitalfields market. We weren't very far away before but for some reason I never made the...
This week one of my closest friends asked if I could babysit her eight-year-old so she could go to a work event that ran a couple of hou...
The Hobbycraft press show - another Christmas in July event - was much smaller than some of the others I've been to, but much more fun ...
- Slow Cooker Thai Green Beef Curry
- Meal Planning Monday Week 24
- Eton Mess cupcakes
- Restaurant Review: Redfearns, Wincanton, Somerset
- Birthday Presents and Stamped Sentiments Card
- Deconstructed No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- Review: Holbrook House Hotel, Wincanton, Somerset
- Meal Planning Monday Week 23
- Alpaca Cookies and Alpaca Adventure, Dorset
- Low Carb Fish Pie with Cauliflower Mash
- M&M chocolate birthday cake
- Quick Make: 60th Birthday Card
- Restaurant review: Debenhams Oxford Street
- Meal Planning Monday Week 21
- Spiralized Vegetables with Broccoli Pesto
- Chicken en Papilotte with Orange Veg
- Quinoa Cheese Tartlets
- Lorraine Pascale's Blueberry and Limoncello Drizzl...
- Restaurant Review: The Swan at Stoford, Wiltshire
- Birthday Girl Party Card
- Meal Planning Monday Week 20
- Restaurant Review: Cashmore Inn, Cashmore, Dorset
- Amazing Jaffa Cake Cupcakes
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Risotto
- Slimming World Creamy Coriander and Minted Chicken...
- Review: Premier Inn, Edinburgh Park
- Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
- Meal Planning Monday 2016 Week 19
- ▼ May (28)
- ► 2015 (266)
- ► 2014 (121)
Powered by Blogger.